Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Books

Some recent and not so recent reads of 2006:

Parting Gifts by Charlotte Vale Allen This was $4 find at the college book store. The middle was a little boring, just got bogged down in unrelated stuff, but the begining and end were wonderful. It was worth my time.

Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty This was another $4 find at the book store. I am not sure how I feel about it. Some of it hit to close to home about stuff I have not fully processed on my own so reading about it just made me sad. BUT I think that was my major hang up. It was funny in parts and overall a fun read. Opinion really still out but I just think it is a personal issue not the book.

Riding Freedom by Pam Munoz Ryan This was on the shelf at the local elementary school and we received it as an extra copy. I read it before my boys did. It was a delightful easy read that I look forward to sharing with my kids and even turning into a research type subject.

Seesaw Girl by Linda Sue Park Another donation from the elementary school. Good book that opens up the topic for research and discussion about other traditions.

True Love by Robert Fulghum This is a sweet book I read over and over. And have given it as a gift to newly married couples!

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom On my total favorite list!

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult This is the first book I read by this author and I look forward to reading another one soon.

Always next to my bed are:

The Explosive Child by Dr. Ross W. Greene

Treasury of Women's Quotations by Carolyn Warner

Something More by Sarah Ban Breathnach

No comments: