What a great feeling it is to complete things. I completed History 1302 and Humanities. And I enjoyed both classes. I have been asked to look into the Honors Program at the college I am attending and while I am flattered I think I will pass. Fresh out of high school I would have been on the honors track. Being a 30-something mother of 2 young boys puts me in a different place. I have managed a balance and with adding homeschooling to the mix next year I am not wanting to add anything else. And besides in the grand scheme of my old life what will honors do for me? Really? I am just flattered to be considered.
Now moving right along.......goals for summer is what I am setting my sights on.
1) purge, purge, purge. Paper have taken over my house in a BIG way! As well as needless things. I just feel I need to scale the house down a bit. Some things will be boxed up and some will be thrown out!
2) continue looking at curriculum. I really feel like the first year I will be using some things I already have with a few new purchases but I enjoy looking at all the stuff.
3) get some structure in place for the boys. I don't do well without some structure and Rowdy One sure doesn't do well without structure so I will need to set a few things into action.
4) field trips. I would like to visit here and here. We have family in both areas so we can field trip and visit. Plus several trips to the beach.
5) paint my bedroom and kitchen. These areas need some updating and color. This summer I plan on making it happen!
I am so excited for the end of school. New adventures. New ideas. New struggles. This is what life is all about.
Enjoy your evening,