Thursday, May 11, 2006

Brought tears to my eyes....

What was that, you asked????

Toothpaste. Sweet little kid toothpaste. The kind you wonder why you make them brush at all it is so sweet.

The house was empty as I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair this morning and the scent of my little boys' sweet, freshly brushed teeth greeted me. It really made me cry.

In that moment I realized how my life had changed. I am mom.

My life in scents. This one is in my brain roladex forever. Sweet kids toothpaste will always make me think of happy 8 & 5 year olds.

Brush those teeth,

Lyn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold on to those sweet memories. My oldest is graduating next weekend. In three years I graduate 2 more. Thankfully I have a 6 and 7 year old as well. The little ones help balance the teenage angst. Perhaps my parenting will improve and my two youngest won't be as angstish (I know, not a word, but it sounds good.)

lindiepindie said...

Wow - I know what you mean. There are songs that I danced with the kids with before they could even crawl - they brought tears to my eyes then and they bring tears to my eyes still. Thanks for sharing.