Thursday, May 25, 2006

Last Day of School

Ahhh......the last day.....of school......for me and my kids.

Bittersweet? Yeah. A bit. I had a nice community of friends at my school where I worked. It was a family in a way and I will miss the day to day with them. But everyday this week something has happened that has made me KNOW that I am doing the right thing in my decision to homeschool. It is a trade off in ways, thanks e for that phrase. It is true, a trade off, where some things are concerned. But still the right choice.

I am excited, scared, financially worried, jouful, relieved. So many emothions. But we will be okay. I am sure of that. I have a wonderful support group. Now I just have to tell my parents! Yes, I still have not told them. We live in the same town and are very involved in each others lives so it isn't like I can just call em up and say "hey, by the way.." I will tackle that soon. They will grow on the idea but the first little while will be.....interesting.

Ahh.....the last day......of school..........I am going to enjoy this new life!

Lyn

2 comments:

Randi said...

Enjoy! I am glad you are excited and looking forward to your new adventure!

Kate said...

Oh this is so familiar! I can totally relate. In fact, I have been homeschooling for 4 years now and I still have these feelings every now and then. But what an adventure I would never trade for the world. Good luck. Ask away - most homeschool moms will share with you and be glad to. Take the good, ditch the bad. Go with the flow - your flow - and it will be great.