Sunday, December 10, 2006

Going through the motions

It seems I am just going through the motions this year. We put up the tree. I let the boys totally decorate it. No rearranging. Just leaving it alone. Not even bringing all my decorations out. We just got a call from one of Chosen One's brothers, 'how 'bout we have Christmas Eve lunch catered by local Mexican food joint?' All I could muster was a very laid back, 'works for me'. Now any other time this would have not happened but that fact that someone else in the family suggested it makes me believe that we are all feeling a bit, uh, overwhelmed! We have been hanging up our Jesse Tree ornaments but not much of the reading is being done. I have some Christmas shopping done but I have to say this will be a slim Christmas for several reasons, one being I can not bring myself to shop.

I reach out for you. I thirst for you as a parched land thirsts
for rain. -Psalm 143:6


Please pray

~for my mother in law and our family.
~for my friend as she faces a tough time without her husband.
~for "e".
~for all those that have lost their way.

Lyn

2 comments:

Randi said...

Prayers and hugs for you today! Also for the people on your list.

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

...naming other people to pray for. You are amazing.
I pray for you, friend. I'm sorry you can't fully enjoy the material elements of Christmas this year - but I'm thankful that your heart is reaching out for God.
He holds you in the palm of His hand.