Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Searching

The holiday season is upon me. No way to get around it. I used to enjoy the season and I think I still can, I just have to get my head straight. Family stress, financial stress, food stress, stress, stress, stress! That is what I see. Now isn't that sad? Really, pretty SAD!

Today I pulled my lazy bones out of bed early to take a short walk. My real motivation was that we were out of Dr. Pepper and I have to walk by little neighborhood store in the process of exercising so it made my "fix" more justifiable. I did wait until after I completed said 20 minute walk to purchase said fix! Come on, what do you take me for?

Anyway, during my walk I was searching. How can I get my "groove"(Beck knows she needs to get her groove on as well!) in the mood for the holidays? There is something more than this feeling I am feeling, isn't there? This is not they way the season is supposed to start out, is it? In my searching I know I am learning. I am learning the hard way because I am a slow learner. Very slow.......

Every moring I visit places like this and this. And, oh, this one too. So peaceful. So clear. So intent. So content! I am searching for a feeling like that. I know what I believe. At least I think I know what I believe, most of the time. I know this is His season. I know that. I know I want my children to know that. I want them to feel that. But my actions don't always, naturally, show that. And that is what I am searching to correct.

He is what I am searching for.

Lyn

4 comments:

beck said...

oh yeah, i know i need to get my groove back. somehow, someway - i will.

Randi said...

Hi Lyn, I am searching right along with you! I know that God grows us through the struggle, so hang on until He does His work. Good days are coming!

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Oh you nailed it at the end!

We're searching for Him. Always.

I'm still searching as well. Things are not always as peaceful and content as they appear in a blog - it's just what has been chosen to be written about!

Grace! We need grace.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel Lyn. A couple of weeks ago the upcoming holidays were feeling like a 1-ton weight hanging over my head. :) I just asked the Lord to prepare my heart for Christmas...we've been praying that every day at breakfast...because the truth is, I don't know what I need. I don't know how to still that restless, discontent feeling. But I know He does. And He really has answered. I am becoming more excited ever day about the spiritual aspects of Christmas, and the 1-ton weight seems to be getting smaller.

Just ask Him! He is faithful to answer. ((((Lyn))))

I'm adding you to my prayer list this morning.