Wednesday, June 21, 2006

News

I do not watch the news unless there is severe weather in the area. Really, I can not think of the last time I watched a news cast. To much information for me. I scan the headlines online and in papers. I hear enough through word of mouth. If something interests me I research it more. My choice. Not shoved down my throat by some newscaster. Now don't get me wrong. I do not totally have my head in the sand. I do want to stay informed. I do want to be aware. But on my terms, under my limits.

Perfect example: This story saddens me. I can not imagine what the family is going through. Or what they go through just by turning on the TV. Why do we have to be told every. stinking. damn. detail? Why? If the family wishes to know that is their call, their business, but if they don't then they should not be scared to watch the news for fear of being told to much information ABOUT THEIR FAMILY MEMBER.

Pray. Pray hard. That is all I can do. And keep the news off!

Lyn

No comments: