Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Recipe Wednesday

This is NOT a food recipe. It is a cleaning recipe.

In an effort to be a little more green, I purchased this book many years ago:

Clean House, Clean Planet Clean Your House for Pennies a Day, THE SAFE, NONTOXIC WAY by Karen Logan

I read it in a weekend and while I do not totally follow it it taught me several things that I refer to often.

This is one of my favorite recipes:

Momma's Earth Soap

This is a nontoxic cleaning basic. I developed it as a simple floor
cleaner, but I found so many uses for its simple scented-vinegar formula that is
has found a permanet spot under every sink in my house. It's so easy.

Ingredients: White distilled vinegar, water and an essential oil for
fragrance

You will also need a squirt bottle. (Or for major cleaning jobs, mix
in bucket.)

How to Make: Fill bottle with equal amounts white
vinegar and water. Add 15-20 drops of pure peppermint oil (or your
favorite essential oil). Shake to mix.

How to Use:
Squirt this refreshing cleaner directly onto the floor
and wipe clean with a rag or mop. Can be used on linoleum or tile
floors. Try in the bathroom to cut soap scum. Keep it in the kitchen
to clean the sink and counters.


Lyn

No comments: