Sunday, April 22, 2007

The House is Quiet

It's 10:30am and I am sitting in a quiet house. This rarely happens. But today I notice it more than ever.

Wise One spent the night with a friend two streets over. Rowdy One stayed with Nana and Papa for a night as an only child.

As I walked in the kitchen it really hit me. The dog was still outside from his 6:30 potty break. The blinds were still closed. No breakfast had been demanded by hungry stomaches so the stove was still cold.

I miss those little guys. All the noise and excitement. All the talking and singing. All the in and outs through the back door. I miss them terribly.

What will I ever do when they fly the nest? Will I be ready then? Will I be old and ready for the calm? Will I be grateful? Or will I still yearn for the noise and the excitement?

Funny how life hits you at the oddest moments.

Lyn

1 comment:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

You're making me cry! I want to go hug my little boys until they squeak.
Time alone just isn't always what it's cracked up to be, is it?