Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The most recent smoothie creation.

In all the literature I have been reading Rowdy One and I need to stick to a very similar diet. Me for migraines and PMS and he for ADD. That is a higher protien higher calcium lower carb diet. Let's just say he is my child.......we love chips. I mean love. Really have a strong affection for them. Like we could write *I heart chips* all over our spiral notebooks in rainbow colors. And neither of us are really big meat eaters. Add to that I am lactose intolerant and he dislikes milk and well we are two peas in a pod.

So I have been looking for a higher protein/calcium combo to get some of this in our body in a way that we can handle. Enter soy milk. Not regular but vanilla or chocolate! Yummy!

Banana Split Smoothie

Chocolate Soy milk, we used 8th continent
one container vanilla yogurt, we used Activia
one banana
4-5 frozen strawberries

Blend in blender and enjoy!

Lyn

1 comment:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Uh, YUMMY!!!! Make one for me, I'll be right there!

I though of you yesterday when I went to Walmart, and found that they were not selling Garden Salsa Sun Chips anymore!!!! I almost knelt and shook my fists at the heavens.

Fortunately, my husband restrained me. By stuffing regular Sun Chips into my hands and pushing me out of the aisle.