Saturday, June 30, 2007

Almost July

We have been busy reading, watching, shopping, x-boxing and, oh yeah, a brief trip to the ER!

Reading:

Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott an author recommendation by Randi. And one that does not disappoint. This was the only one at the library. Her other titles are being pulled for me. I can relate to this woman. It is crazy relatable.

pg 4 There were dozens of children in that family, or maybe it just felt that way, babies everywhere, babies crawling our from under the sofa like dust bunnies.

pg 41 Mine was a patchwork God, sewn together from bits of rag and ribbon, Eastern and Western, pagan and Hebrew, everything but the kitchen sink and Jesus.

pg 93 It's so awful, attacking your child. It is the worst thing I know, to shout loudly at this fifty-pound being with his huge trusting brown eyes. It's like b!tch- slapping E. T.

pg 167 And soon my prayers were answered, first when patience miraculously descended like soft, chick-yellow parachute silk.

She is so honest. So true. So raw. I was sad when the book was over. I wanted to continue the conversation.

Watching:

Some Like It Hot This made my boys g.i.g.g.l.e!


Fabulous sale at JcPenney lead to an update on work clothes. It was much needed and I am very happy with the new duds!

Oh yeah and that trip to the ER. High blood pressure that is being handled with meds. So far I am not feeling the negative affects.

Enjoy something. Laugh at something. Suggle with something. Summer is flying by.

Lyn

No comments: