Saturday, May 19, 2007

Reading and Watching

Watching:

Superman

Bringing up Baby I thought Wise One would pee in his pants during the scene where they are trying to leave the restaurant and her dress is torn. F.U.N.N.Y!

Reading:

Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert

Wicked, yes, still working on it. It is very good just been pushed aside for a bit.

The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo This cover is so endearing to me. A little mouse with his needle sword. This is Wise One's second time around with this book and Rowdy One's first. A very sweet read aloud.

Just finished:

Over the Hills & Far Away by Chris Conover This is a book Rowdy One and I shared together. The illustrations captured both of us. The endpapers show Tom's family tree. The first thing Rowdy One did was recognize that it was a family tree and remember when we made our family trees and hung them on the fridge. I love books like these. My boys "see" themselves. Something familiar about how it all works.

Why Do I Love These People by Po Bronson In another post I will tell you what this book meant to me. It has truly changed me. And it all started in the very first chapter. I love books like this one. This will be a purchase to live on my shelf for the future and it will be a gift I pass on to many friends.

Lyn

No comments: